Recipe adapted from allrecipes.com
- 12 slices of cooked bacon, crumbled
- 2/3 cup margarine
- 2/3 cup flour
- 7 cups milk
- 4 large potatoes, baked, peeled and cubed
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 1/4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- In a stockpot, melt the margarine over medium heat. Whisk in flour until smooth. Gradually stir in milk, whisking constantly until thickened. Stir in potatoes and green onions. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Mix in bacon, cheese, sour cream, salt, and pepper. Continue cooking while stirring frequently until cheese is melted.