Fried rice has always been one of those foods that I can’t get enough of. I’ve had bad fried rice, good fried rice and REALLY good fried rice (Haiku). I always knew there had to be an easy way to make it at home and since I discovered this recipe I’ve been making it way too much but I swear, it’s better than takeout. Give it a try and tell me what you think. I love that this easy fried rice recipe is flexible enough to make tweaks here and there, such as adding different vegetables, mushrooms, etc. Ready to make it? Here you go:
- 3 cups of cooked rice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup frozen peas & carrots
- Cook peas & carrots according to package.
- Heat sesame oil in large stir fry pan or wok on medium-high heat.
- Chop onion and garlic. Combine in pan with peas and carrots and stir fry until tender.
- Turn heat down to medium-low. Push veggies, onion and garlic to one side of the pan. Lightly scramble eggs on the other side.
- Add rice to pan. Pour the soy sauce over the rice. Add more soy sauce if needed.
- Mix thoroughly. Serve. Enjoy. 🙂