Last night I decided I wanted to try something new for dinner that wasn’t too much work. I have been wanting to try grilling seafood instead of the typical steak or hot dogs. I could not for the life of me find frozen salmon filets at the grocery so I just went ahead and grabbed a bag of frozen shrimp. After a quick browse of recipes online, I decided to mix up some herbs and try marinated shrimp on the grill. After thawing the shrimp in a strainer with cold water, I was able to prepare a delicious dinner in only 15 minutes. I decided to pair it with grilled vegetables and it all turned out delicious. I’m usually only a fan of shrimp when it’s breaded and fried but I loved this grilled herb shrimp! It was the ultimate summer entree and you can make kabobs out of it for entertaining.
- 2 lb. large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tsp ground paprika
- 2 Tbsp fresh minced garlic
- 2t tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 2 tsp dried basil leaves
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar, packed
- In a medium bowl, whisk together paprika, garlic, Italian seasoning, lemon juice, olive oil, pepper, basil, and brown sugar.
- Stir in shrimp and toss to evenly coat with marinade. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, stirring once.
- Preheat grill on medium-high heat. Lightly oil grate and/or pan. Remove shrimp from bowl, drain, and discard marinade.
- Place shrimp on grate or pan and cook until center of shrimp is opaque, about 5-6 minutes. Make sure to turn or stir at least once. Serve immediately.