The other night, I was craving something new but didn’t want to spend forever mixing up a dinner recipe. Last time I made a chicken dish with Panko, Chris loved it so I thought I would try a new recipe. This baked lemon chicken dish was super easy to whip up and was delicious! Even the next day, with a little reheat in the toaster oven, the chicken was still crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside. I served it up with some wild rice pilaf and steamed broccoli.
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs (I used Panko)
- Zest of 2 lemons (I only needed one)
- 1 pound of chicken breasts (I used tenders)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- In a large bowl, combine bread crumbs and lemon zest; set aside
- Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste. Grabbing one breast/tender at a time, dredge chicken in flour, dip into eggs, then roll in bread crumb mixture, pressing to thoroughly coat.
- Working in batches of 2-4, place coated chicken on skillet and cook until evenly golden and crispy, about 3-4 minutes on each side. Transfer cooked chicken to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Serve immediately. If desired, garnish with a lemon slice or more zest.
Recipe adapted from Damn Delicious