If you’re looking for a side dish that’s a bit more sophisticated than green beans, check out asparagus. I’m not usually a fan but this simple roasted garlic and parmesan asparagus recipe began my conversion. They were super easy to prepare and I think this recipe is a great way for the asparagus novice because it features common flavors (garlic, butter, olive oil). Give this recipe a try and I don’t think you will be disappointed.
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1 tsp salt
- 3-4 Tbsp parmesan cheese, grated
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add garlic to pan and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Add asparagus to pan and flip until completely coated in butter/garlic mix. Sprinkle evenly with salt.
- Cover and let cook for 10 minutes, or until asparagus is tender. Flip asparagus 1-2 times during cook time.
- Sprinkle freshly grated parmesan cheese on asparagus. Serve warm.
Recipe adapted from Chef in Training