When I first got engaged, I found it difficult to remember to put my ring back on after taking it off. I would take it off to do dishes and wash my hand, and even though I always placed it in the same spot, I never felt 100% comfortable setting it down and often forgot to put it back on my finger. I bought a shallow bowl to place my ring in for bed (my finger swells way too much while I sleep and I read that you aren’t supposed to wear it at night anyway). I still wanted a safe place to put my ring when I’m in the kitchen washing dishes or cleaning. I came across a few different DIYs on Pinterest on how to make a ring holder out of a frame and decided to give it a try. Here’s my attempt:
What You Need
- A small frame
- Super glue or a hot glue gun
- Stuffing (or cotton balls, torn apart)
- A fabric scrap
- A corsage pin
- Cut out the fabric to fit the frame with an extra half inch on all sides.
- Glue the fabric to the template on three sides.
- Fill the fabric pouch with just enough to stuffing to fill it.
- Glue the last fabric edge to the template.
- Place the “pillow” into the frame.
- Place the corsage pin in the top center of the frame.
- Hang your ring. 🙂